Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Letter to Jun


9/21/2013

Dear Jun,                                                                                            

You were so worried about moving to a new town and starting 1st grade, I was so worried about moving to a new town and having you start 1st grade.  After your first few weeks of school, I am so proud of you, Jun.  I realize mothers say that all the time to their children and I realize most of the time they probably mean it, but I feel like I hear the phrase often enough that when I write, “I am proud of you”, it probably doesn’t mean all that I want it to mean.  It probably doesn’t mean , “I want nothing more in this world than to hug you and squeeze you when I see your excited smile as you come running out the front door of the school at the end of day”, it probably doesn’t mean, "my heart is bursting when I listen to you chatter about how much you love your art class”, and it probably doesn’t mean,” you’ve come so far in just a few weeks and after all you’ve experienced in your little life I can’t believe I’m looking at such a well-adjusted, bright, happy, joyful, and thoroughly engaged little boy whom I truly love more than life itself”,  all of that is what I mean when I say, “I am proud of you, Jun”.  You have thrived in the first few weeks of school  and I cannot wait to see how you continue to progress as your school career goes on.

Love you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment