Saturday, December 1, 2012

OK I learned how to post.
Lena turned four on Nov. 12th. I'm trying to keep this super positive but this is the second birthday that we have missed of hers. Earlier in this process we were told we would be there when she turned three. Adoption is a process of hurry up and wait and sometimes the "wait" gets unbearable.
When we were told that we had our final approval we were ecstatic. Our social worker asked us when it would be convenient to leave, we said a resounding "ASAP".  Little did we know that would mean one week to get our Visas, book airfair, book hotels, pack, and tell our employers that, yes we are leaving in a week. We have also had to tell Jun that he is finally going to get his little sister. In the past year I think I have told him were going to China when the leaves turn colors, when they fall, when it snows, we're going when the flowers bloom,... I'm beginning to think he doesn't beleive us.
So as we pack for our trip I can't stop thinking about taking little Lena from Guangzhou (tropical climate) to the coldness of winter in New Hampshire, and her thinking "what did I get myself into?"
 
The Secret's out now!
 
-Todd-


No comments:

Post a Comment