Sunday, December 30, 2012


The big news in our house this morning is that I finally got to go for a run!  I know, it snowed and it’s winter so I should have skied, but I have limited time to do what I want so a run it was.  It started out a little iffy with Lena repeatedly saying “no” as I was leaving, but Todd took both the kids out in the sled and walked me to start the run.  Lena loves the sled and loves her brother so by the time we said good-bye she waved her little pink mitten covered hand and screamed “good-bye”.  I got to run 4 very painful, but happy miles. 

When I came home from my run I slowly walked up the steps and quietly opened the door half expecting to hear one of the kids screaming.  I heard screaming alright, but it was screams of delight.  Todd had dragged them around in the sled for a while and then decided to make them a snack using the hot air popcorn maker my parents gave him for Christmas.  Elvis was on the radio in the background so I turned the music up, grabbed Jun, and made him dance with me.  Lena has to do everything her big brother does, so she made Todd grab her and before I knew it we were having a popcorn dance party.  In fun family moments like that, it’s hard to believe  we’ve only been  a family for about 3 weeks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment